Deadlines for Submission : 30 September, 2022
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2023/24 School Year
Collection of application Forms (No quota):
- Download from school website ( Download Admission Application Form )
- Obtain from school in person
- Date: 3/5/2022 (Tuesday) to 30/9/2022 (Friday)
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) / 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Saturday) (Except school holiday)
(Except school holidays)
Return of Application Forms (No set quota):
- Period: 3/5/2022 (Tuesday) to 30/9/2022 (Friday)
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) / 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Return method: Submit the application form in person / by post [together with the documents required (including identity document)]
- Application fee (if applicable): HK$40 (to be collected together with the application form). The application fee is non-refundable whether the application is successful or not.
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the kindergarten education scheme (Scheme), only children that are able to receive education in Hong Kong will be issued a registration document. All Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2022. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2021 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (EDB link) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete the process of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme and cannot obtain an “RC” but he/she is able to receive education in Hong Kong 1 , EDB will then issue a “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the student involved for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
1 Upon obtaining permission from the Director of Immigration, non-local children (such as children holding a form of recognizance, children whose parent(s) is/are holding a student visa, etc.) can receive education in Hong Kong but they are not eligible for subsidy under the Scheme.
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying or graduated in the kindergarten, live nearby, working parents, families in need and etc. will be given due priority consideration.
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
- The school will arrange interviews for all applicants.
- The school will send an appointment notice letter to the applicants at the end of October by post. If the applicant has not received the appointment notice by the end of November, consider the application rejected due to the following reasons: incomplete/incorrect documents or insufficient registration fee. The school will not notify the applicants individually and the registration fee will not be refunded. If the application is not accepted, the school will destroy all relevant personal data and will not return the admission application form to the parents.
- Due to COVID-19, parents are requested to record a video of their child and submit it via online for the 2023-2024 admission, details and submission dates are as follows:
- Parents are requested to record a 3 – 5-minute video of their child. Contents can include playing at home, such as playing with toy food, Legos, building blocks, dolls, toy cars etc. Parents can also record story time with their child.
- In addition, parents are requested to record a video of themselves sharing their child’s interests or sharing their expectations for their child.
- Parents are requested to email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org between 14/11/2022 (Monday) and 30/11/2022 (Wednesday). Please note that late submission will not be accepted.
- Please input the child’s name in the subject of the email and input the class you wish to apply for, along with the parent’s contact number in the content section of the email.
- We will send you a confirmation email once we have received the video. If you have any enquiries, please call our school.
(Note: The videos and materials submitted will only be used for application admission purposes. The videos and materials will be kept confidential and only authorized personnel will be able to access the information. The videos will be deleted after the admission process is completed.
- If interpretation / translation service is required for Non-Chinese Speaking children, please contact us at 2216 4216 or email@example.com.
Announcement of Admission Results
We will inform parents of the admission results before 31 December 2022 by post.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 6 to 8 January 2022 (“Centralized Registration Dates”) by submitting the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2023/24 is HK$1570 & Half-day is HK$970. If the child studies in the kindergarten, the registration fee paid will be fully refunded asap. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “RC” / “AP” as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “RC” / “AP”, the kindergarten will no longer keep a place for the child.
Our telephone no.: 2216 4216 Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org