Deadlines for Submission : 30 September, 2020
(Form N01 cannot be downloaded after the deadline.)
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the kindergarten education scheme (Scheme), only children that are able to receive education in Hong Kong will be issued a registration document. All Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2020. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2020and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (link to be inserted) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete the process of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme and cannot obtain an “RC” but he/she is able to receive education in Hong Kong 1 , EDB will then issue a
“Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the student involved for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
1 Upon obtaining permission from the Director of Immigration, non-local children (such as children holding a form of recognizance, children whose parent(s) is/are holding a student visa, etc.) can receive education in Hong Kong but they are not eligible for subsidy under the Scheme.
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying or graduated in the kindergarten, live nearby, working parents, families in need and etc. will be given due priority consideration.
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
- The school will send the interview notification by post before the end of October and if you have not received and interview notification by the end of November, you may consider your application unsuccessful. Applicants will not receive individual notification and application fee will not be refunded. If application is not successful, the school will discard all personal data collected and will not return the application form to the parents.
2. Please contact us at 2216 4216 if interpretation / translation service if required.
Announcement of Admission Results
We will inform parents of the admission results before 19th December 2020 by post.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 9 to 11 January 2019 (“Centralized Registration Dates”) by submitting the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2021/21 is HK$1570 (N class whole day) or HK$970(N class half day) and $669 (K class). If the child studies in the kindergarten, the registration fee paid will be deducted from the school fee in September. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “RC” / “AP” as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “RC” / “AP”, the kindergarten will no longer keep a place for the child.
Our telephone no.: 2216 4216 Our e-mail address: email@example.com